Wednesday 15 March 2017

There is Always More to Say: A Never-Ending Story About an Everlasting Friendship by Lynda Young Spiro

There is Always More to Say: A Never-Ending Story About an Everlasting Friendship
  

So Lynda messaged me on Instagram and asked  me if I'd like to read her novel which was already published but I was delighted non the less. I went into a little research before accepting to make sure that I didn't go for a novel I knew I wouldn't like it. After reading her synopsis I thought it was going to be a novel that I'd adore.

So just to round it up if you are thinking of reading this novel, it's written as these diary entries which I do really like. It is about two friends and we get to follow all the events in their lives from around 1984 to 2014. It obviously follows a deep friendship that deals with the distance between them and getting back together.

The novel has a different tone to other book I have previously read and I'm still not 100% whether I like it. It kind of feels a little like a personal novel in the sense that it wasn't originally going to be published but it was an enjoyable ride of growth in friendship. We do get many flashbacks and that was one of my favourite things to see how everyone got to where they are now.

One point that did let me down was that I kept wanting more towards the end, it wasn't finished on a cliff hanger it just kind of ended. I'm not sure if this was purposely done as the title does state 'there is always more to say' if this is so then well done Lynda it was brilliant to end that way.

I would recommend this novel to be read in the spring/summer - which is now. It definitely warms your heart to read about the friendship. Overall I would rate this 3.5 stars, it's quick, fun and an entertaining read. Thank you Lynda for letting me read your novel.

Love, Becky.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...