Saturday 14 October 2017

Mental Health Awareness

On Tuesday 10th October it was Mental Health Awarness and if you've followed me for a long time then you'll know I'm all for sharing your feelings and raising awareness. In my day to day life I come across all different people with and without mental health "problems". I hate that word is there another way to put it? Mental health awesomeness let's go with that one. Some people are probably like I'm sick of hearing about mental health but until we get treated seriously and people stop judging it will be talked about forever!!! Mwahahaha!

Anyway my journey has been absolute hell and I've yet to be diagnosed with a name of my issue. But the main thing for me is I'm living my life as much as I can even when I have really crappy days. 

I'm one of those people that feels the need to help others no matter how many times they shoot me down or use me. Some people really do take advantage of a good heart. But quickly moving on back to the matter at hand I watched a short film where a man had been undiagnosed bipolar, tried to take his life and failed; he described this regret he had just as his hands left the bridge he jumped off. He made a very good point that even attempting to leave this world impacts a lot of people. If I can find the link I will put it here. 

I love talking to you guys online and sharing your journeys whether it's the road to recovery, relapse or just discovering it's okay not to be okay. If I feel I make a difference to just to one person I feel better in myself. Sometimes I do have to give up on some people because I get sucked in a little too much and that effects my mental health and I know it sounds selfish to some people but you've got to look after number 1 before you can help others. I sound a little contradicting but hay hoe. 

Love, Becky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...