Friday 1 March 2019

endometriosis awareness

#truthfulmother 

It’s been a while since I’ve posted simply because I’ve been really lazy! But I’ve been waiting all year to do this post 😁 

Moving onto what I’m actually writing about. It’s officially endometriosis awareness month! Raising awareness about this illness is very important to me and we need to find a cure. When women go through these pains are awful and so debilitating. 

• 1 in 10 women of reproductive age in the UK suffer from endometriosis. 
• Endometriosis is the second most common gynaecological condition in the UK.
• The cause of endometriosis is unknown and there is no definite cure.

SYMPTOMS: 

• Pain with intercourse. Pain during or after sex is common with endometriosis.

• Pain with bowel movements or urination. You're most likely to experience these symptoms during your period.

• Excessive bleeding. You may experience occasional heavy periods (menorrhagia) or bleeding between periods (menometrorrhagia).

• Infertility. Endometriosis is first diagnosed in some women who are seeking treatment for infertility.

• Other symptoms. You may also experience fatigue, diarrhea, constipation, bloating or nausea, especially during menstrual periods.

MY STORY: 

It took me over a decade to get diagnosed with endometriosis. It all started with heavy periods, headaches and excruciating cramps; but because of my age they put it down to normal cycles for me. I was put on pill after pills without really having any answers. It wasn’t until I was hospitalised they realised this needed more investigation. They finally sent me to a gynaecologist and he was brilliant! He finally gave me something to look forward to. A diagnosis. My story is a little different as he offered to just start treatment straight away but as I was in so much pain I begged him to do the operation. It still took me 4 months of pain to wait for my operation. Once the operation was completed I was sent home and I felt like a new women little did I know my story wasn’t finished. My endometriosis operation failed terribly and my battle goes on. 

If you do have endometriosis keep fighting you are strong and even though there isn’t a cure yet one day there will be! 
And if you do suspect you have endometriosis go and get checked out as it is not an easy thing to live with. There are so many treatment options, they may just work for you. 

https://www.endometriosis-uk.org






#endometriosisawareness #endometriosis #raisingawareness #painfulperiods 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...