Saturday 28 October 2017

Everything, Everything Nicola Yoon

Everything Everything Book Review

So I picked this book up out of the blue because it was short and I heard a lot about it from Bookstagram. I also needed to up my Amazon order to £20.00 for free delivery lol. Anyway I went into the story knowing that it was about a girl who was allerigic to everything. I can't honestly remember what it's actually called. The story begins where we learn a little bit of background about Maddy, her mum and Carla; it's a very sheltered life she lives. When Olly walks into her life things turn upside down (literally). I think a lot of people would relate to Maddy because her love of books. In my opinion a lot of people with anxiety will relate to her because she presents feelings I certainly related to. I must admit the ending is quite a let down but the overall book definitely makes up for it.

Review with spoilers below picture:



So Maddy is obviously told she is allergic to everything in the outside world. We obviously know that this is not true towards the end. The way Nicola Yoon finished this book felt a little abrupt but satisfied my needs for the end.
Maddy first sees Olly and he kind of reminds me of Tarzan with all the climbing about. He seems like a sweet guy in this book and he honestly is. He did make a good impression on me because he wasn't your average sweet talking jock.
I loved Carla she was just perfect, I think that was her name, I am so bad at remembering things but I'm talking about the first nurse. She was so down to earth it was lovely to read her story. She was lovely to Maddy. I didn't like her mum one bit I knew from the start something wasn't right with her. I think she obviously had PTSD from the accident that killed her husband and her son.

The characters were really well rounded and the story just had that good feeling. I do wish we spent more time in the outside world with Maddy and Olly I think their relationship would really blossom. Anyway the book makes you happy at the end when she escapes I bet it would have been amazing seeing all the things like beeches, ice cream, Eiffel tower etc.

Love, Becky.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...