Wednesday 8 November 2017

13 reasons why by Jay Asher

13 Reasons Why Book Review

So I started watching the series originally but since moving we don’t have internet so watching the series has come to a halt. I saw this book in Sainsbury’s and I was just like let’s do this! Unfortunately for me it was the horrible movie cover! Never mind it’s still got the same contents. I obviously knew what this book was about since starting the series. I would advice if you are feeling sucidal, very low mood please do not read this book; I was in an okay place and it really affected me because it obviously talks about hard topics. The book is very eye opening and I did enjoy the way Jay Asher wrote it. I would keep an open mind, I didn’t see who was going to be number 13 and I thought it’d be a person of great significance. Anyway I’d probably rate the book 4.5 out of 5 stars. 

Continued (spoilers)



So we start off with meeting Clay who is the main character apart from Hannah. He’s got the set of tapes from Hannah about why she committed suicide. There are obviously 13 people who are involved however one (Clay) isn’t supposed to be on the list. He simply is on here because Hannah was sorry and they both loved each other or had a crush. Throughout the whole book you get to see how awful her life was in school and how one little thing can trigger off a lot of chain reactions. The ending was good but I was a little sad the story ended I wanted to know what happened with Clay because he was such a genuine friend. 

The book teaches you about the butterfly effect. I think a lot of people will connect with this story because it’s all about bullying and what it can lead to. There’s a lot about things like you don’t know what’s going on in someone else’s life and not everything you hear is exactly true. I know a lot of people who’ve been through this and it saddens me that still in this day and age bullies get away with it when someone tries or takes their own life. 

Hannah was such a likeable character she seemed so fitting for Clay and I just wish it didn’t have to end bad for Hannah. Everyone’s life is affected by the suicide in different ways wether it be directly, because of the tapes or because of the guilt of the last thing they said to Hannah. 

The book is definitely worth a read and if you haven’t yet get to it! I think it took me 4/5 days to get through as it’s super short. The writing is pretty basic which makes it easy to read. 

I hope you enjoyed this book, see you all soon. 
Love, Becky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...