Tuesday 10 January 2017

The Problem With Forever by Jennifer L Armentrout

I am so bad at keeping up with Netgalley recently so I have decided to pledge that every month I will try my absolute hardest to publish reviews and read at least 1 review book. So I'm starting off 2017 on a good note because I have finished The Problem With Forever. I have always been a big fan of Jennifer's work but for some reason I really struggled with this novel; this doesn't mean I didn't enjoy parts of the book. It was published back in May 2016 and I waited till new year to start it which is really bad of me. It took me a couple of days to complete and I would probably rate it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Review (no major spoilers)

So to wrap the whole story in a little bow we have Mallory who is our main girl in the novel. Mallory was bought up in a foster home along with Rider who is our main swoon worthy boy. They both grew up in the same foster home but they get separated due to being adopted. When Mallory decides she's ready to brace the world she goes to school not even thinking there'd be a slight chance she'll see Rider again. We go through a cute high school romance and Rider has some good morals for saying he plays a pretty bad boy/ass character.

Mallory and Rider were both abused when they were in care and this is where I warn everyone that if you have never read anything like this please go in with care. There are some scenes that could make you feel on edge or maybe a little bit too much for you. Mallory as a character was brilliant, she was really relatable in the sense she was shy. I seemed to connect with her in a very likable way which was the main reason I liked this book. Rider is this bad boy with a HUGE heart, he definitely has some good morals and wants to do the best. He wasn't too over the top with his bad boy reputation which was refreshing.

The Problem with ForeverJennifer has really done amazing with her characters I just didn't love it as much as I normally do with her books. The writing was good but I think the topic of the novel didn't appeal to me as much. I couldn't find any faults the book just wasn't my cup of tea. I absolutely love the cover it makes it so inviting and I am really tempted to get the physical edition so I can have it on my shelf. I know it's frowned upon by some people but then I do enjoy supporting authors as much as I can.


Thank you.

I just want to say a huge thank you to Netgalley, Jennifer L Armentrout and Harlequin Teen for giving me the opportunity to review this book. I will be doing better in the future at getting my reviews out on time.
I hope you all have a great day and I'll be back next Tuesday.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Love, Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...