Tuesday 24 January 2017

Harry Potter books 1-4

I realised I'm nothing like other readers, most people were brought up with Harry Potter in their hands but I wasn't one of them. I was found outside digging, riding motorbikes and making my own adventures in the forbidden woods. I'm really grateful for my different upbringing; I will try my best to do the same for my little boy. However lets get onto the review.

Swish and Flick

So as stated above yes I wasn't brought up with J.K.Rowlings amazing work but most of my readers have. If you haven't read Harry Potter then I'm going to sum it up real quick for you with no spoilers.
A young boy called Harry Potter lost his parents from an evil wizard. He is in fact a wizard himself but for the time being he's sent to awful relatives who treat him like a slave. On Harry Potter's 11th birthday he receives a letter that he needs to go to a school for witches and wizards. This is where his journey begins with his two best friends Hermione and Ron. Through all 4 books we learn more about friendship, different mythical creatures and the power of such a brilliant school. There are different scenarios that are challenging for Harry and we go on so many adventures.

Book 1 - Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone
The first book took me around 5/6 days to read from start to finish. It was the start of something truly amazing and I think the series really started out well. We learn a lot of Harry's back story and get introduced to lots of characters. I think my all time favourite was Hagrid simply because he was this friendly bubbly person that really looked after the pupils especially Harry - kind of like a father figure. The writing was super easy for me and I think that's the amazing thing about these books you can read them at any age and appreciate them. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)

Book 2 - Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets
Moving onto the second book we get even more character building and world building. We see that Harry has a lot of things that push him back; not only is he famous for being a survivor of a horrific tragedy but his guardians don't help him when he does have to go home. This novel did take me 9 days to read which isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be. We get to see more of Draco Malfoy who is a lot of people's favourite character and yeah he does have some amazing qualities. You really get a sense of his bitterness and jealousy. I rated this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)

Book 3 - Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
I absolutely loved this movie and thought it was going to be the same when I read the book. I was so so happy when I started reading this novel. I fell in love all over again and I'm not going to lie I do have a small crush on Sirius Black. I don't really know if it's a crush or just a huge surge of happiness when he walks onto the page. This novel did take me that little bit longer to read I think it was a couple of months. I rated the book 4 out of 5 stars just like the previous 2 books.

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)

Book 4 - Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
So I wanted to enjoy this book as much as Dave did but unfortunately for me it was a little bit of a let down. I honestly thought that it could have been just that little bit shorter. Don't get me wrong the story was incredible and I loved all the challenges that Harry had to go through. It was such a brilliant idea that they had to kind of guess what they'd be doing. The last few pages were really intense. I did have to rate this book 3 stars which means I enjoyed the novel but it wasn't my favourite. I am really excited to get onto the next 3 books even though I know what happens.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

Let me know what you thought below because everyone has a different opinion and mine just seems to be out of the ordinary and I'm okay with that. If I liked every book that everyone else did I wouldn't be being true to myself or you guys.
Love, Becky.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...