Tuesday 17 January 2017

Escaping The Reality

When people ask me why I like reading they freak out when I suggest it's to escape. For me books are a way of shutting away the world and my responsibilities just for that short amount of time; it keeps me sane and lets me be someone who doesn't have things to do. I don't have the best, peaceful life that I want because let's be real that's not reality. Life is full of ups and downs so I thought what's better than reality? A world where us readers can go to get away from the dreadful happenings.

Top 3 series I recommend to you guys as readers to escape:
1. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare - for me I was reading this to have a relationship with a family that didn't necessarily connect. In all the books you do realise that they have their own problems but you don't feel the same as you would. The writing takes you away with demons, vampires and many other mythical creatures not to mention amazing lead characters.


2. A Song Of Ice And Fire by George R.R. Martin - I know I haven't read all the books in this series but the amount of context you get in these just automatically makes you forget what's going on. Your taken on a journey with many perspectives and your kind of routing for one character to the next.


3. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier - This whole trilogy is about time travel and it takes you from one period of time to another. It has lots of romance which can carry you away if your having your own relationship problems. Also the writing is super easy to get through so before you know it all the adventures will be over in a good way.


There are so many books I wanted to add onto this list but it would go on forever and I don't want that. If you have any recommendations then please leave them below! I need more novels to escape in before my little man comes because I don't want to miss a moment with my new little family.
Love, Becky.
*All the images are taken from google or Instagram as I am having lighting difficulties at the time*

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Court Of Silver And Flames

 My star rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ How could I not give this book 5 stars? I loved it and hated it to be 100% honest with you. The story whilst it ...